Tuesday 27 November 2018

Old Dogs - New Tricks

So here I sit in my office tonight unable to sleep as often happens these days. I suppose it's because I've been wondering the past few hours why it took a good friend who has been in the publishing business for many years drawing a literal diagram earlier today about the fundamentals of how the Internet works when it comes to interfacing between various public domain platforms like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Blogging sites before I understood, even in part, how they all fit together. 

I used to consider myself fairly intelligent and able to pick up on things quickly, but that was definitely before the technological boom of the past few years. Things are changing so rapidly I know I'll never be able to keep up. So why did I decide going into Indie publishing was such a good idea five months ago? I'm one of the baby boomers who has now retired but who doesn't want to quit growing, learning, chasing my dreams and being receptive to new challenges. Is essence, I want to be more like my grandchildren who pick up a cell phone and can use every app without having to think about it.

I fear I'm not alone in that desire. I stood behind a lady at Walmart last week who was trying to pay for her groceries using an app on her cell phone. She was about my age and while she'd done it once was having a difficult time figuring out how to do it agin. She finally gave up and pulled out her Debit card. It made me feel a little bit better about how slowly my brain processes things it's not used to, but it made me sad too because I know I'll never catch on to new things like I once was able to do. Good thing I was taught to never give up because I'm not going to. I'll keep reaching towards the stars until the day I die. I hope you feel that way too. 

That's why I'm so glad Betrayal - Indecision's Flame - Book 4 is finally out, and I'm offering a free digital copy of book 1 in the series to everyone who signs up for my newsletter between now and December 31 at http://eepurl.com/dCPYVf 

I'd love for you to join in the fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment